Water flossing versus traditional flossing is a debate that may go on forever, and there really is no definitive correct answer. So, we went ahead and listed the pros and cons of water flossing to help you make the decision that will best suit your lifestyle.
Pros of Water Flossing
- Better Cleaning For Braces
- Water flossing gives you the ability to dislodge any food or debris that may be stuck from eating. Leaving food that is stuck can lead to many other problems down the line such as tooth decay, cavities, and even gum disease.
- The massage action of a water flosser has been proven to improve gum health, and it can reach areas that cannot be reached with traditional floss.
- Rather than scraping your teeth with floss or a metal pick, water flossing will massage your gums and push the food and debris away from your teeth. Do not risk injury with a metal pick or cutting your gums with traditional wax dental floss. Simply you a water flosser to ensure your gums stay healthy for a lifetime.
Cons of Water Flossing
- Water flossing machine can be expensive to purchase, especially when compared to the cost of traditional wax floss. However, after reviewing the above-listed pros for water flossing, the price may be worth it to you, and you may decide to invest in a water flossing machine.
- If you are a frequent traveler whether for business or pleasure, then a water flossing machine may not be the best option for you as they are often fairly large and not easy to travel with.
Of course, the decision is up to you, and the best thing to remember is that the most important thing to maintain proper oral hygiene, with or without braces, with or without water flossing. If you are still struggling with the decision to add water flossing to your daily routine in place of traditional wax floss, how about trying both in your daily routine. Your teeth can never be too clean.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are interested in learning more about the pros and cons of water flossing, visit one of our convenient Hendrix Orthodontic locations. To schedule an appointment, contact us or request an appointment online.